Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Greetings.


Happy Thanksgiving! ¡Felíz Día de Acción de Gracias! Merry Turkey Day! Or, in my cousin Ginger's abridged words: Be happy or screw you.

Well I am happy. Oh, believe me, I'm happy. MY POPPY IS THE GREATEST GUY EVER!!!!!!!! HE IS SETTING UP A TRUST FOR ME TO PAY FOR ALL OF MY COLLEGE, MY CAR, MY EVERYTHING EDUCATION-RELATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right, you read me. I will never have to pay student loans or debt or ANYTHING! I can buy books and clothes and rent an APARTMENT until I either A) get my Master's or B) turn 24. HELL, I'M GETTING MY MASTER'S DEGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the best part is that I can rent an apartment with Joss and Bennie and all they'd have to worry about it their own tuition and books! I could drive them around and pay for rent and all that other stuff so that we could live near the campus and eat!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY POPPY IS AMAZING AND I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE ANNOYED BECAUSE I AM SAYING IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, sorry, I am just really psyched.

We had 18 people over for Thanksgiving as follows: me, Bentley, Dad, Bev, Nana, Gramps, Poppy (sadly, Mammy expired last year), Aunt Gertie, Uncle Sam, Cousins Josie and Jeremy, Bev's cousin Rue and her three kids, Anna (23), John (19), and Marianne (16), Nana's friend Josephina, Dad's cousin Clark, and Gertie's recently widowed father, Lorenzo. Yeah, we needed four tables. But the food was great, I haven't seen John in a while and he's my buddy (before I knew better, like, when I was nine, I had the slightest crush on him. He's an army man now.) and we hung out and talked about video games. Josie, Jeremy, and I played a video game after dinner (The Bible Game, and they love it) and I enjoyed time with my rarely-seen cousins. The food was cooked to perfection. The rolls were great, the potatoes were great, the turkey was AMAZING (thank you, Gramps), and the company was fun. When we gave thanks, we had a lot of laughs - mostly because of me, yay! - and while I was overloaded a bit, I had fun. (I love my family, I do. In small, intermittent doses.)

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and may the Lord bless you for the rest of the year. (What happens next year is out of my hands.) ;)


Hugz
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment