Saturday, October 30, 2010

Possible?

Greetings.


The question I posit to you today, dear readers, is this: Is it possible to feel depressed and happy at the same time? I think it might possibly be maybe possible.

I was at Joseph's band competition - which was awesome - and I was sitting for four hours on a set of bleachers which just so happened to be the most comfortable bleachers I have ever sat in with Mr. and Mrs. Morton. I love them. They are seriously like my second parents except I like them better and they cook more often. Anyways, they gave me a ride to Our Lady of Perpetual Health High School (OLPHHS... what a mouthful) where the competition was held and we had a good time. They got me Jack in the Box on the car ride there, Joseph listened to some songs from TOMMY by The Who, and we had fun. Then we watched, like, ten bands perform. They were really good. I liked at least 70% of them.

But our band kicked MAJOR BUTTOCKS. The Horizon High School Big Green Marching Team - the Marching Argonauts - (By the way, our school colors are, I crap you not, neon green and black) took THREE out of FOUR sweepstakes trophies with the theme of LES MISERABLES, which is completely amazingly awesome!!!! We lost to Liberty Bell High School in Percussion by ONE POINT. It sucked because Joseph is in percussion. But still, we won sweepstakes in Auxiliary (color guard) and our color guard usually SUCKS.

As the Horizon High band was celebrating/loading the trailers with their instruments, I got my weird mixture of happy depression. I was depressed because Joseph hadn't talked to me since we dropped him off - understandable, but now that it was after the competition, he couldn't spare a moment? - and because all of these people, a good number of whom I know, won't talk to me. Plus I didn't get a cookie. But I was happy because our band won, I got to see it, and I love good music.

I guess, in retrospect, the depression outweighed the happy, but it was mixed.


Hugz
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment