Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Review: THE SORCERER'S APPRENTICE

Greetings.


Well, Nana, Bev, and I went to see THE SORCERER'S APPRENTICE earlier this evening. My verdict: Four out of five stars. It was good. I love Nic Cage. He's a great actor. His character is hysterical and he's hot. I'm sorry, but for a 1,000+ year old guy, Balthasar is hot. But then again, so is Nic Cage. You know, I think he looks better with longer hair. But then, that may be my own personal taste. On guys I like-

Okay, I digress. The guy who played Dave, Jay Bucharel, I think his name was, did very well at playing the lovable nerd. I adore lovable nerds. Which explains why I love Joseph. He has longish hair, glasses, and that confidence in who he is as a person. Very sexy. Anyways, Jay did a great job. The plot of the movie was predictable but I found it very interesting. I liked how they fairly accurately referenced Merlin and Morgana Le Faye. But as I recall, Merlin only had one charge (hello, Arthur) and he never died. Morgana led him to a cave and made him sleep. AND he aged backwards. Sheesh, they need to do their homework. Sorry, I am a big myth and legend fan. In fact, Greek mythology is one of my specialties and I was very happy with Rick Riordan and how he did his PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS series. He stayed very true to the established myths.

Anyways, good movie. Go see it. (P.S. ALFRED MOLINA ROCKS HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)


Hugz
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment