Sunday, August 22, 2010

School and Awards

Greetings.


Senior. Year. Starts. TOMORROW. BEGIN FREAK OUT SESSION NOW!!!!! I cannot believe that I'm going to be a senior! I mean, college admissions, scholarships, admissions essays, SATs, ACTs, migraines, jobs, I think I'm hyperventilating just THINKING ABOUT IT! I'm kind of scared. I mean, I have no idea what life is like outside of school. (Summer doesn't count) I have to get a job or else I lose my baby Kermit, I'm going to college in a year, and I'm going to live life on my own. I don't know anything! I'm smart, but I don't know how to work with the real world. I ALREADY HATE SENIOR YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

... Okay, I have calmed down now. Last night I went to an awards ceremony similar to the Tonys for my community theater group, the group with whom I performed ALICE IN WONDERLAND. Anyways, I won something. I was nominated for Best Leading Actress for my role as The Witch for INTO THE WOODS. I won a Spirit of Junior Theater Award for exemplifying all that Junior Theater stands for. (I didn't win Best Actress. However, the only girl I would have been alright with winning won, so I'm better than I would have been if someone else had won it.) The best part about winning it was that BENTLEY WON IT WITH ME! The award goes to the boy AND the girl who exemplifies all the wonderful qualities they want and we made a speech together. It was really awesome! I opened with, "Just for the record, I am older. But he's cuter so it doesn't matter much." (I said that because he's five feet, eleven inches and I am only five feet, four and a half inches tall.) It was pretty good.

Joseph was there. Nothing was out of the ordinary, but something he said at church today made me uneasy. He said he didn't put too much emotional stock in things just in case it didn't work out the way he planned. What if he doesn't put too much emotional stock into the fact that I am practically in love with him? What if he doesn't care? I think that may be even worse...


Hugz
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment