Sunday, June 6, 2010

Birthday For Sale

Greetings.


I don't want my birthday this year. I mean, here's how it's going to go: Ally isn't coming, Bennie and Jasper are coming late, Roland will forget, and only half the people I invited will come. Every year, people forget my birthday. Aaron and Remy haven't remembered in three years. Last year was decent; I had about 3/4 of the people I invited come, but Ally couldn't make it (again). But the two years prior... My fourteenth: the first guest, Joseph, showed up an hour and 22 minutes late. No one called and said they were going to be late. I thought everyone had forgotten my birthday. Turns out, only a third of them did. My fifteenth: half of the people (I invited about seventeen) that I invited came. No one who didn't come called and said that they weren't coming. Hell, they all (except Ally) RSVPd that they were coming.

I don't want a party this year. I just did it because I wanted Ally to finally meet Joseph and it meant a lot to Bev. Bless her heart, she wants nothing more for me right now than for me to be skinny and popular and I am neither. Also, a lot of my friends at school were wondering why I wasn't having one. I don't want my birthday. I am seriously considering blowing it off, just going someplace where I don't know anyone (which, for someone with xenophobia, is like suicide) and just sit and wait for no one to call or text me, wondering where I am. They'll forget anyways.

Anyone want to buy a birthday? I'm sure all you Leap Year folk wouldn't mind a birthday that comes around every year. Without fail. Who knows? Maybe your friends will remember it. Maybe, if you decide to ditch, they'll wonder where you are. I don't want my birthday. I used to love having a summer birthday. I mean, pool parties, vacation, no school? What kid doesn't want that? But now since everyone's families leave for the beach or Florida or something stupid like that, I want a different birthday. Or better yet, no birthday at all. Nothing to forget.

I want a birthday no one will forget, everyone will remember, everyone will be in town for, and everyone will come to. I'm tired of sitting in an armchair by the door, waiting to see if someone will come. I want either people to remember or to just be left alone. I know that's a bit extreme but I'm just sick and tired of people forgetting, people lying, people not calling, people just being plain old rude to a girl who feels too much where her friends are concerned and who is a level one bipolar so she will cry if her guests aren't there within the first fifteen minutes, which I did that year when Joseph was an hour and 22 minutes late, so I just want everyone to either remember, call, or come, or just leave me alone. I am tired of getting my hopes up.

And those of you who say I'm being way over dramatic: STICK IT IN YOUR EAR.


Hugz
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment