Sunday, June 13, 2010

Church

Greetings.


Well, I went to church.

Amazingly enough, I had fun. Ginger made me go to church. Initially, she planned on going to church with Roland. But finally I smacked (not literally) some sense into her seeing as Roland is her ex-boyfriend and we agreed to go to Nana's church. Luckily for me, Mr. M, Mrs. M, and Joseph go there too. In fact, they're head of the Worship team at Dove Creek. Joseph plays bass, Mr. M plays drums, and Mrs. M sings and plays keyboard/piano. They are a tremendously musical family.

Anyways, the initial service was good. I mean, I haven't LAUGHED at a sermon since I was eight. EIGHT. I was in freakin' THIRD GRADE!!!! I was in stitches with this guy, Pastor Sherman, and he was actually really nice. We sang (Ginger really got into it) and then we retreated to the Fellowship Room for coffee (yuck) and donuts (yay!). Then came the teens' service. The band wasn't as good, but Joseph and Mr. M were really good. It's just that there were two girls singing, one playing guitar, and one playing keyboards and they didn't sound as put together as the other band. Then the youth pastor, Pastor Dave, did a little sermon about joy that was pretty good, not as funny as Pastor Sherman's, but good nonetheless.

I can't believe I am saying this about church: I had fun.


Hugz
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment