Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Amazing and Wonderful Allyson Vivian Clay

Greetings.


As I have stated many many many many many many times in the past, Ally is my sister. We met in daycare when we were three months old. Our mothers discovered that Ally was exactly two weeks older than I and they bonded over raising their girls. She lived around the corner from me until our families moved when we were five. She has a little sister, Colleen, with whom Bentley was in love with for the longest time, a mom, Wanda, and a dad, Robert. Both her parents are big in athletics; her mom is a high school P.E. teacher and volleyball coach, whose team has won state many many times, and her dad is the head of the Phys. Ed. Department at a university. And all of that athletics rubbed off on her.

Ally is a national champion in track and field. Discus especially, but she's fabulous in shot put too. She's broken record after record after record and she even went to the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS. She got SECOND in the WORLD in DISCUS. (If that doesn't get her a scholarship, idk what will.) To top it all off, she's got good grades, though she's not that fond of Spanish, and she's a people person. She has only one flaw, well, one that I comment upon: She underestimates herself. And it bugs the Hell out of me. She doesn't think she's popular, yet I know people all over the state know her name. She thinks that just because she has super muscly legs (whereas I have super flabby ones) and can't find jeans that fit over her Supergirl thighs and her petite waist that she's fat. She doesn't think guys like her. And it really bugs me. I mean, when your hero has the same insecurities you do (even though hers is TOTALLY unfounded), it's kind of a downer.

And another thing I love about her: she and Claire are the two people I trust most with my dealio with Joseph. However, since I haven't seen Claire (cry cry) in a while, I have to turn to Ally most often since we chat via email. She is good with the advice, she gets excited when I need her to, and she points out hope when I don't see it. But she has never disillusioned me about love; she knows it's not a fairy tale. And get this: My hero envies me. ME. (Oh, God, now I'm crying. Why? Why, oh, why?) She says she's jealous that I have found someone like Joseph, someone to adore with all my heart, which I do and she knows it.

(While we're on the subject of Joseph, I think I'm getting obsessed. Repeat after me: "I, [insert name here], will not boil any bunnies, even if Joseph ticks me off." I don't think I could anyways. I love bunnies. I had three or four...)

I love you, Ally. Happy late birthday. AND I STILL HAVE YOUR PRESENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hugz
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment