Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Bunny

Greetings.

Today, as most people know, is/was Easter. And that is one of the many days a year we assemble with our families, catch up, and participate the cliché that is the Brunch.
My family is no exception. Nana and Gramps met Dad, Bev, Bentley, and I at the Double Tree at nine. Uncle Sam, Aunt Gertie, Jeremy, and Josie couldn't make it this year. However, the adults decided mutually that the service has slipped at the Double Tree ever since their favorite manager was laid off, so for Mother's Day (another cliché brunch day) we're hunting for a new spot to eat brunch at. Wheeee...
Then we all retreated to Nana and Gramps's house for (oy vey) Easter Egg Hunting. There are two kinds of eggs: hard-boiled and hollow plastic ones with money in them. I got the most on both counts. I got $26 and 13 out of 25 eggs. Basically, I beat the snot out of Bentley. Oh well. He got the better Easter basket. For some reason, whenever there's a gift giving holiday, Nana and Bev always ask for a wish list from me. Understandable. But then they go and buy me things that aren't even CLOSE to my wish list and that I have told them over and over and OVER that I don't use/want. Today I got lotion, those StrapPerfect thingies, hair products, a new perfume, two pairs of earrings, a stuffed bunny, the movie GUYS AND DOLLS, and UP. I asked for, out of all of that, UP. I will not use the lotion, GUYS AND DOLLS, the StrapPerfect thingies, half of the hair products, (seriously the clips they got me have these little bangles on them only suitable for girls 7 and under) and the stuffed bunny. I will use the perfume and the earrings and UP. That's it. And whenever I try to tell Nana and Bev that I don't like the stuff and that I want them to stick a LOT more closely to my wish list so that we can avoid these confrontations in the future, they yell and get mad at me. They always get Bentley stuff that he'll use and have fun with. Whereas, with me, they get me three out of fifteen things that I'll use/have fun with. AND THEY DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!
My dad's best friend, Stuart Farley, is coming to stay with us for a little while. He's going to teach a class at my dad's school. Something about screenwriting. Stu (as he lets me and Bentley call him) is awesome and Dad is always so excited when he gets to see him. Stu lives about one hundred and fifty miles away from us, three hours through winding mountain roads, so Dad and Stu don't get to see each other that much. Whenever Stu comes, he tells what we call "Luke Stories", about my dad. (Whose name, I forgot to tell you is Luke Walker. No pun intended.) Anyways, these Luke Stories are very funny because my dad was a big old idiot when he was younger. There are too many stories for me to recount a few without having to tell more and more and more because some of them build on each other. But Stu has been working on a book about my dad so I'll let you know when that comes out.
I've got to go. We're taking Stu out to dinner.

Hugz
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment