Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sick Day

Greetings.

I hate it when I'm sick. I hate making up the homework and the quizzes and all that stuff. I hate not seeing my teachers (I can seriously enchant any teacher except for three. Long story) and I am sooooooooooooooooo bored during the day. But what I hate most: not hearing from my friends. Neither Joseph, Joss, Claire, nor Bennie contacts me all day except for when I tell Bennie that I'm not going to be there that day early in the morning. I hate that no one calls me. Just because I'm sick doesn't mean I want my friends to call me... It makes me sad when they don't talk to me...
Ally, however, talked to me. She and I email daily. She goes to a different school than I do so she and I don't see each other often. Today she was excited about a non-date date she had with a sophomore (we're both juniors and she's exactly two weeks older than I am) that we went to elementary school with, named Emilio Dominguez. They went to Jamba Juice and they just talked the whole time. She's even going to prom with him. I'm so excited for her.
I remember Emilio. He asked me to tutor him when we were younger, perhaps pre-middle school, upper elementary. He wasn't as motivated as he is now. I remember he hated coming in second in sports to our school's top athlete, a boy I had known since I was in preschool, Jordan King. (A basketball player's name if I ever heard one. We used to call him Michael Jordan. He even LOOKED like Michael Jordan, only a little darker.) Jordan and Emilio were good buddies when Emilio came to our school around second grade. But nevertheless, he was very competitive.
I remember Jordan too. When we were in kindergarten in daycare together, we played a game. It was kind of like a superhero game. He would pretend to be weak and helpless until I gave him my sports drink that I always saved from lunch. (You know, those ones with the twistable tops that were almost impossible for a five-year-old to take off?) Then he'd turn into Superman and he'd run all around the playground and do all these stunts, for me. I remember Jordan didn't speak to me as much when we entered first grade, thinking girls were yucky, you know the phase. But it hit me kind of hard. I was six and I had "lost" a really good friend. He never really came back. He'd say hi, but it was never the same. Though I still always gave him my sports drink. =)
Anyways, Emilio and Jordan were the two "it" guys at our elementary/middle school. And looking back on it, they were the "it" guys for the right reasons. Not only were they the jocks and the popular guys, but they were much sweeter than most of the other guys at school, like Bryan Samuels, who pushed me down in kindergarten and caused my front tooth to go up into my jaw (that tooth didn't grow back for three years), or Judd Hinton, who terrorized my friends Pauley Border and Jake Michaels from preschool on. They were also "it" guys, athletic and popular, but they were mean to the core.
I'm getting SO off track. Ally and Emilio are having fun. Yay. I'd better stop now before I cry because I miss the good old days...

Hugz (and drink a sports drink for me and Jordan)
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment