Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy (la la la la la la la!!)

Greetings.

(Sing-song voice) Guess who came home yesterday! And guess who I just saw today! (end sing-song voice) WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Joseph came home!! I am sooooooooooo psyched!
And another thing, I just came back from Joseph's house. We hung out for a little while, watched INVADER ZIM (Weirdest. Show. EVER. Seriously, what's with all the pigs? And the one syllable names? Gaz, Dib, Zim, Keef, Gir... oy vey!!), played "Super Smash Bros. Melee", and hit each other in the head. I now have a dent on my forehead, thank you very much, Joseph. Also, he gave me my souvenirs: a necklace made of seashells (the cliché of Hawaiian souvenirs), a little bear with a hula skirt and "fiery" torches, and a GORGEOUS gold chain with a gold (probably not REAL gold) pineapple. (big anime eyes) So pwetty... ooooh...
I've been wondering, what do people do for Easter? The tradition in our family is very simple: Dad, Bev, Bentley, Nana, Gramps, and I go to the Double Tree Hotel for breakfast. Sometimes we're joined by my Aunt Gertie, Uncle Sam, and my cousins Josie and Jeremy. After breakfast, we go back to Nana and Gramps's place and do (oy) an Easter Egg Hunt. (Mind you, I am almost seventeen and Bentley is almost fourteen. It's more acceptable for Jeremy, 9, and Josie, 5, but not two almost adults.) There are two types of eggs: edible dyed ones and the hollow plastic ones with LOTS of money in them. After the hunt, Nana and Gramps give us our BIG Easter baskets stuffed with lots of fabulous goodies!
Sigh... I love Easter...
Mind you, I do try to keep in mind WHY we celebrate it. I always read my Bible the day of and I pray and everything... I'm not a SUPER religious person. I'm a Christian and I love Him and everything. I just don't go to church. (I went to private school for nine years. SHUDDER.) Which is why I always feel REALLY guilty during Easter and Christmas. So, I shall apologize to the Big Guy Upstairs for the whole world to see:
I'm sorry I am not as religious as I probably ought to be.

Hugz (and Easter prayers)
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment