Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I Hate Automobiles

Greetings.

As you may be able to tell from the title of this post, this will be a griping post. A few months ago, as I was backing up (not my idea) in Kermit (a truck handed down from my dad) through the gate (not my idea) into a TINY "truck house" (translation: a freaking tent that my dictator dad makes me park Kermit in because he's too lazy to clear out the other side of the garage... WE HAVE A THREE CAR GARAGE AND A WHOLE CAR SPACE IS COVERED IN USELESS CRAP!!!!!!!!! WHY CAN'T THAT GO IN THE TRUCK HOUSE?????? THEN WE COULD CALL IT A CRAP HOUSE AND BE DONE WITH IT!!!!) and park it there. Well, as I was backing up in a truck that has NO visibility WHATsoever, I ran into and completely decimated the gate.
Now Dad, when I told him about this, said that it would be about $500 to fix. An amazing amount for a 16-year-old who had her 80% of her life savings ($2000 from five summers working at a summer camp and odds and ends here and there and my dad took $1632 of it!) taken away for insurance that HE used to pay all by himself while he was driving the FRICKING CAR and now I have to pay $500? "Okay," I thought to myself, "I can do this. I am getting $200 for stage managing GODSPELL. I can do this." Then I crash into this girl Sharon from my school. I hit her right rear quarter panel. Which should have cost only $500 to repair. Turns out, IT'S THREE TIMES THAT AMOUNT!!!!!!!!!! And now, Dad says that my gate is NOT going to cost $500 but $1100!!!!!!!!! My insurance is skyrocketing, people are lying about estimates left and right, and I cannot find a job anywhere! AND DAD DOESN'T SEE WHY I HAVE A PROBLEM! HE THINKS A JOB IS JUST GOING TO COME TO ME IN THIS ECONOMY EVEN IF I DO GO OUT EVERY SINGLE DAY AND POUND ON EVERY DOOR! I AM FRICKING SIXTEEN!!!!!!!!!! NO ONE HIRES US ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND HE USED TO PAY FOR THIS FRICKING INSURANCE ALL BY HIMSELF WHY DO I HAVE TO I'M A MINOR!!!!!!!!!! HE'S RESPONSIBLE FOR ME UNTIL I'M EIGHTEEN!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THAT MEANS INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am SO going to cry now... All my excitement from kissing Joseph yesterday is GONE. (Okay, not totally gone. I still wanna kiss him again.)

Hugz
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment