Sunday, April 18, 2010

Luncheon

Greetings.

There is an annual fundraiser luncheon for autism where I live and, for the past ten or eleven years, I have decorated a table according to the theme of said luncheon and hosted eight guests. Bev and Nana come every year, Bev because she co-hosts and Nana because she and Gramps always build the elaborate centerpiece. And this year Claire, Joss, Bennie, and Nana's next door neighbor, a friend of mine who's in eighth grade named Miranda Holden, came. One of Bev's coworkers was supposed to come, but she couldn't make it.
Anyhow, at the luncheon there's always a raffle. And every year, through some strange coincidence, I always win something. I'm very lucky. And apparently my luck is contagious. This year at the luncheon I won a hand mixer and a universal remote (it's so BIG!!! WHEEEEE!!!!!!!!). Claire won a laundry basket full of junk food (oh, the cavities!), Miranda won a Christmas basket (?????), and Nana won a new toaster. Yeah, we got a haul. Poor Bennie and Joss. They've come to the luncheon for a couple of years now and they haven't won anything yet. Oh, well. There's always next year...
After the luncheon, Joss, Bennie, Claire, and I returned to my house. We practiced our song for the choir's Solo Fest ("Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson. She's an AMAZING singer.) and we added Claire to the song. Only Joss, Bennie, and I are in choir. We may be adding Claire because the other girl who was supposed to do it with us, a really AWFUL and RUDE girl who keeps calling me the b-word named Lizzie Gomez, has decided to switch to singing "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. Right after she convinced Bennie, Joss, and I to sing "Breakaway". She's a bit of an idiot. And now, with her switching sides, we needed a fourth singer. Hence, Claire joining our group.
Well Claire went home and Bennie and Joss stayed over. Yay! We worked more on the song and then the next morning (today, Sunday) Bennie and Joss went to church with Claire. As I have posted before, I am not a church person. (shudder) I am a relaxed Christian, if you will. And so I slept in until about noon. I watched TV most of the day... and then I went to dinner with Bentley, Bev, Dad, Nana, and Gramps. So today was boring. Yay.

Hugz
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment