Sunday, April 25, 2010

Magic Mountain

Greetings.

Yesterday Bennie, our choir friend Chase Fuller, and I went to Magic Mountain with our choir for a competition. We had soooooo much fun but now I can't walk for more than two minutes without crying. Yes, it really hurts that bad. I have ginormous blisters on my poor feetsies, and my calves rebel at every step. I wanted to stay in bed all day but, given that it's Sunday, I had to go to dinner with Nana, Gramps, Bentley, Bev, and Dad. It hurt soooooo much.
We had fun, don't get me wrong. We went on Tatsu (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Batman, Terminator: Salvation, and a water ride. The lines were sooooooo long that we went on a few minor rides. We walked, like, eight miles up and down hills. So not fun. Also, Bennie and I got our caricature together while Chase got his by himself. The artist made him look like Arnold Schwarzenegger. We called him "Arnold SchwarzenFuller". He didn't necessarily care for the name. We had pizza for lunch and Johnny Rocket's for dinner. I bought fudge (yay!) and two T-shirts (one for Joseph, one for me), Bennie bought a Batman dogtag, and Chase got... ummm... his caricature. Both Chase and I won prizes on the hammer smash game. He won a pencil headband so that it looked like he had been pierced with it and I won a stuffed puppy and gave it to Bennie since I didn't want it. We had a lot of fun.
Another thing. I'm going to be a senior next year, which gives me one chance to make up for the last three years, during which I have had absolutely no school spirit. So I am running for Senior Class Vice President. Now for those of you out there who don't know, there's a difference between ASB and Student Council. ASB is the elite and Student Council goes by class, i.e. Senior Class President, Junior Class President, Sophomore Class President etc. So I am running this year since I didn't get a chance to run for what i really wanted: ASB Rally Commissioner. (The principal's daughter won it. I had no shot.)
The problem: As far as I know, I am up against one other guy. Better odds. But he's one of the most well-liked guys in school. Worse odds. Joaquin Valdez is one of the nicest guys in my whole school and I would not mind if I lost to him. He and I have gone to school together since eighth grade when I transferred to his school. He was always popular but he never treated me, the fat newbie, poorly. He's always been kind and considerate so I know he will be a great VP. Honestly, I think he's the only person I would not care about losing to. Either way, I'm running and he's running for VP and I don't know who else is. Wish me luck. =)

Hugz
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment