Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Love Life Part One: Aaron Underhill

Greetings.

All right, for those of you out there who actually READ this thing, perhaps I should give you a little bit more background information. Mainly about my love life. Of which I have barely any. But enough to be interesting.
When I was eight, I met Aaron and Remy Underhill through my really good friend Pauley Border. They were on the local swim team together and we automatically hit it off. I didn't see much of Aaron or Remy for a year until swim team time came around again. By then, I was absolutely head-over-heels devoted to Aaron and the idea that someday we would be Mr. and Mrs. Aaron Underhill. But it was not meant to be. He dated other girls, dodged my calls, and as we got older, he just kept me around to feel better about himself. I was so "in love" that I was blind. He was a viper, a poisonous snake. He hurt me innumerable times over the years. He finally rejected me in January of 2008. But he really pulled a number on both me and Joss a few months ago. He started dating Joss (for two days) at my prompting. But I didn't know that. Aaron said that she rejected him and that he was going to kill himself. I panicked. I told him I would not let him kill himself. I cried. I texted my heart and soul out. I told him everything I ever wanted to tell him; how much I had loved him, how much he meant to me, and how much he would be missed if he was gone. He finally, after an hour and a half of begging and weeping, he said he wasn't going to do it.
Another hour later, both he and Joss told me it was a prank. They both lied to me about someone committing suicide as a prank. I was LIVID. A day later, Aaron dumped Joss. We hated him. Think "I Pray for You" by Jaron and the Long Road to Love. (Good song, look it up on YouTube.)
And then he broke his arm. I sent him a text saying he deserved it after all the pain he had caused me over the years. His mother, a woman I hold dear to my heart, texted back saying that she was deeply hurt by my saying that. After school that day, i tried to apologize to him, but he pulled out the guilt. I'd know; I did it to him all the time for missing my birthday every year and not even calling all summer to say "Sorry". Then I went to his mom. It turned out that she had absolutely no knowledge of his suicide scheme and that's why she was so shocked about my reaction. It fueled my anger even more. I cried my eyes out to the other daycare lady (Mrs. Underhill wasn't there at the time) and told her everything. She relayed the message to Mrs. U and she whaled (figuratively) on Aaron for being so heinous and lying and pulling such a dirty trick on me, an innocent bystander.
Now... I'm pretty much over it. I am no longer allowed to associate with Aaron, Remy, Mrs. Underhill, Mr. Underhill, or any of my friends at my old school where Bennie and I went to eighth grade. I miss Mrs. U, Mr. U, and Remy. Aaron, not so much. I'm glad to be shot of him. He deserved everything he got. And I am pleased to say that I have made my peace with how big of a scumbag he is.
You know, this blogging is very cathartic. Relaxing. Therapeutic. Thank you, Lee S. Wayne.

Hugz
HM
("My Love Life" to be continued.)

No comments:

Post a Comment