Thursday, May 27, 2010

Gaming Convention

Greetings.


I am in a good mood for the first time in a while. That stupid thing with Joaquin and Dillon blew over. Dillon's just a ginormous idiot and I can't wait to squish him like a bug. I'm getting my Horizon High yearbook tomorrow. SO psyched. However, tomorrow's good mood will be marred by a (ugh) rally seventh period. I'm so tired of rallies. JUST LET THE YEAR BE OVER ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finished my choir final project all by myself. I edited everything, even made a DVD menu. EEEEEK sooooo excited! Freddy, Joss, Chase, and Bennie will be so proud of me and Mr. Privett... well he may not LOVE it, but we'll get an A. Also, Señor de Soto's study guide for the final that I've been procrastinating on is finally done! Yay fear! (He came around and checked them. I finished two pages in five minutes. Tell me that breaks a world record.)

But the main reason for my good mood is this: DAD AND I ARE GOING TO LOS ANGELES TOMORROW FOR THE GAMING CONVENTION, THE VACATION THAT I LIVE AND BREATHE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!! Three days of pretty much nonstop gaming. Bentley, Bev, and Dad all love Yosemite, but I'm pretty indoorsy, especially in the winter, which is when they all want to go to Yosemite... Skiing holds no allure for me, I can't snowboard, and ice skating hurts after a while. But The Con (which is what everyone who goes there calls it) is my Heaven. I sit around, trounce people at games, and see my friend Dan O'Hare. He's kind of an older guy, late forties, early fifties, who works in LA as an interpreter for the deaf and a track coach. We hang out the whole time. I spend a lot of quality time with my daddy too. Bev always complains that we always fight. We don't ALWAYS fight. Leave us alone long enough, we'll come out alive. We cooperate best alone. However, the part I'm dreading is him making me drive most of the way down... (shudder) LA traffic, no thank you.

Oh, well, I am SO psyched. No rally is going to get in the way of my weekend.


Hugz
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment