Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Greetings.

I hope all you mamas out there had a wonderful day today.
Okay, I got my mom two presents: GORGEOUS earrings and a white vest in a style that Bev REALLY wanted. I thought I was going to win this year. See, Dad and I (Bentley never actually shops for Bev's present) always compete for who gets the best present(s). And this year I thought I had won. I mean, those are AWESOME gifts.
But then Dad comes in out of nowhere and swoops this awesome gift for her: one of those digital picture frames that can hold 6400 pics. I even fell for it. Nana, Aunt Gertie, Uncle Sam, Josie, Jeremy, Bentley, and I just sat there looking at the pictures for, like, twenty minutes. (Man, I was CUTE when I was younger!)
As I mentioned before, Aunt Gertie, Uncle Sam, Josie, and Jeremy came for Mother's Day. Josie, Jeremy, and I had a lot of fun. They always love playing my games on my Nintendo DS, especially my vintage GameBoy game with Risk, Battleship, and Clue on it. Jeremy, age 9, is probably one of my favorite distant relatives. (Well, not like DISTANT distant, he's my cousin on Bev's side. But he's not my IMMEDIATE family. Plus, he lives two hours from me.) He's a cute little boy with a bad case of ADD, but he's adorable. And he's more talkative than Josie, age 5, at least he is where I'm concerned. But Josie came around later during Brunch when she saw her brother beat Battleship on my GameBoy in, like, seven minutes. She then went on to beat his record by two minutes. (Of course she had a little help. But, since she didn't want the help, she and Jeremy had a tug-of-war over my DS which caused part of it to break.)
Then we went back to Gramps and Nana's and opened presents, yadda yadda yadda. Then Bev and Bentley dropped me off home so they could go see IRON MAN 2 (which I am going to see next Saturday as part of Joseph's birthday celebration because his birthday's on a Sunday this year) and Dad went to his school to work on a few things. I stayed home and... did nothing. Hm. Perhaps I should have gone to the gym.
Nah, I was TIRED. I mean, I was so tired yesterday that I fell asleep at Joseph's. Sheesh. THAT'S tired.

Hugz
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment