Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Love Life Part Four: Nate Peck

Greetings.

Part Four begins:
It was about three months after I broke up with Victor. I was doing okay. Claire, however, wasn't doing as well as I was concerning her break up with Kenny. She was coping, which is pretty much all you can do. We coped together. Anyways, around the middle of April, Claire went to a wedding and I was texting her. She said she was with her friend Nathan "Nate" Peck. I texted, "Ooh, who's he? If you're trying to fix me up, I accept!" And then we started talking about him. Turns out, Claire had been out on the dance floor while Nate had been texting me since the "I accept" text. He had picked up her phone, even though she had told him not to.
Eventually, they came back from the wedding to go to a dance at her church. They invited me. We went to get pizza beforehand and Nate and I hung out. Then the three of us went to the dance. He danced all the slow dances with me. He was very charming. At the end of the dance, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I said. And he kissed me.
For the next month, it went well. He IM'd me on Facebook when he could, called, and texted given that he lived almost forty-five minutes away by car. We only saw each other a handful of times. During the second month, though, he started telling me things that were too outrageous to be true. Like "My dad's the kind of this country and I'm next in line. I can't remember the name of the country though." And "I can get your books published. I know a publisher. I saved her daughter from drowning a few years ago." I mean, at first I believed them. But then they got like that; way too extreme. And then he kept calling and calling and calling and driving me crazy! He didn't even call me by my name. It was always "Harmony". I only accept two versions of my name: HM and Harmony Margaret. He called me "Harmzie" and "Harmies" which, since he knew I loved Greek mythology he thought I would think it was cute, but it sounded like "herpes" and that's SO not cute. He just was clingy, annoying, he walked to my house when neither Bev nor Dad was home so he got me in trouble, he called non-stop, he just all out bugged me. So exactly three days before my birthday, I dumped him.
I prefer to say that I dumped him because I did it less tactfully than I did when I broke up with Victor. Truthfully, Victor was MUCH more desirable. I missed Victor after I dumped Nate. In fact, I told Victor that I was dumping Nate even before I told Claire. I even asked him for help. Victor was more than happy to help. It was comforting to know he didn't hate me. He was always kind and considerate and it felt good to know that he didn't despise me. =)
"Part Five and Six-ish: Wayne Harvey and Joseph Michael Morton" tomorrow.

Hugz
HM (NOT "Harmzie", "Harmies", or "Harmony". Got it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment