Thursday, May 6, 2010

Band Concert

Greetings.

You have absolutely NO idea how PISSED OFF I am right now.
I told you yesterday (and Monday too, I think) that I was going to Joseph's band concert, right? Well, I went. It started off fine. I ate with Joseph, Jasper, and their other relatives, we talked, we had fun. Fine. Then Joseph left to set up for his first performance. We soon followed so we could get good seats. As soon as Jasper sees Mickie Phineas (oh, the manslayer she is. Very nice girl though.) he ditches me and goes to ogle her. He knows I have xenophobia (fear of strangers) and there I was, in a sea of xenos with Joseph nowhere to be found. I finally found refuge near Joseph and Jasper's relatives. Jasper didn't come back until the performance started.
Then the performance moved outside. It was beautiful, out in the amphitheater. Horizon High has a spectacular amphitheater. And again, Joseph performed. Yay! He did well. He played his bass for the jazz band and he even got a highlighted solo. I was so proud of him! But, even though I had told him we would be waiting for him and that I would appreciate it if he and Jasper sat near me to prevent my xenophobia from setting in, he never showed. Jasper ditched me again to go socialize with Mickie again. And, even when I didn't see him over there, he never returned. I sat in the amphitheater, alone, in the cold (it gets really chilly at night here and I was wearing a thin T-shirt), and with people I didn't know everywhere. I almost had a panic attack. I was hurt. They left me all alone. Even when Joseph knew that he was the only reason I came to the concert. I sat like that for two sets, one set of three normal length medleys and the other with two LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG medleys, until I just got so mad and hurt and upset that I picked up my stuff, gave my leftover raffle tickets to Mrs. Morton, and headed for the bathrooms. On my way there, I found Joseph and Jasper goofing off. Jasper, I kind of understand, he doesn't see these people because he's homeschooled. But Joseph sees them every day for several hours at a time when I only get 40 minutes with him. He didn't say hi, didn't tell me where he was, didn't even acknowledge that I came to see him after he was done performing. He said hi on my way to the bathroom. Then when I came out of the bathroom I went up to him and said, "Tell Emma, Lucky, and Pete they did a good job. And tell Pete I loved his solo." Then out of nowhere as I was walking away, he grabbed my sleeve (which made my collar dig into my throat), and slammed me and Joseph together! For no reason! AND NOW I HAVE A FREAKING BRUISE ON MY LEFT SHOULDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joseph asked, "Why'd you do that?"
"So that you'd be mad at me and not at each other," Jasper said. I frowned harder than I had been.
"Why was Joseph mad at me?" I snarled. I was PISSED. I hate being ditched at a place where I don't know anyone and then sit like that for an hour in the cold with no one to talk to.
"I wasn't mad at her," Joseph told Jasper. He didn't tell me, he told JASPER. I had had enough. I stalked off and when I rounded the corner of the building, I burst into tears.
I know I'm probably being irrational, but they hurt my feelings, they left me alone in the cold and among strangers, and didn't even bother to tell me where they were or acknowledge that I paid $10 to sit in the cold all alone. I know Joseph has other friends. I do too. I have four sisters, hello! But I'd NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER ditch them someplace full of strangers, ESPECIALLY if they have xenophobia. I expect the same of my friends. But no. Robo-Boy never considers my feelings or my welfare, especially when he's involved with video games or his band buddies. And, I know he's not my property, ACKNOWLEDGMENT is not too much to ask.

Hugz
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment