Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What Should I Do...?

Greetings.


Well, here's the time of year I both dread and anticipate the most: my birthday. It's in less than three weeks. Ally's is in less than a week. And I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do. For the past six or seven years, we've had a pool party, barbecued, watched a movie, and opened presents. Easy-peasy, right? But I'm so bored of my birthday. I want to do something I've never done for my birthday this year. Mostly because my past birthdays have been a disaster.

For my fifteenth one, the first person to arrive was over an hour late. It was Joseph. But the thing is no one called to say, "Hey, we're running late." For a whole hour and twenty-two minutes, I thought everyone had forgotten my birthday. I was sitting in my living room with my bathing suit on and sitting in the armchair facing the door. I sat like that, not doing anything else (except cry after the first fifty-five minutes) for an hour and twenty-two minutes. It was awful. I thought the people that I loved most in the world had forgotten me. And then, when the people did show up, only half came and Bennie and I were the only girls. (Not a total loss.) It was Bennie, Joseph, Roland, Freddy, Pauley, Jake, Bentley, Bentley's best friend Toby Brunstedt, and I. That was it. I still had fun, I guess. But I was so very hurt. Everyone RSVP'd that they were coming...

For my sixteenth, we had the pool party, but Claire couldn't make it and we found out that my cousin, Ginger Overstreet, was coming a day late. So it was me, Joesph, Bennie, Pauley, Roland, Nate (I had invited him before we broke up and Bev made me let him come), Toby, Bentley, Joss, Ally, and Colleen. (Ally and Colleen came for about half an hour. Or was that my fourteenth? I forget...) I enjoyed myself. I love my friends. And then on my actual birthday, Bev took Claire, Ginger (who had arrived the day before), and I to Six Flags. I got whatever I wanted because Bev knew that I was really hurt that a lot of the people I invited didn't come again. (koff koff Aaron koff koff Remy koff koff)

But now... what to do? Ally has been pestering me for forever about meeting Joseph (he's the only one of my best friends/sisters she hasn't met yet) and I have been pestering her for forever about finally making it to one of my birthday parties. So we figure we combine the two. But the question is how? I don't like GOING to the movies. (But I like movies at home. I like subtitles. So sue me. But if were up to Bentley, he would.) I figured an enormous dinner or something like that would be good... or bowling. I haven't been bowling in years... Or ice skating. But I don't know if Joseph would like that... He's very picky and stubborn, even when it comes to activities. Uuuuuuuugggggghhhh what do I do? I want all of my friends to come: Pauley, Ally, Colleen, Bentley, Claire, Bennie, Joss, Toby (Bev and Dad make us invite one of the other's friends to birthday parties so they aren't alone), Joseph, and Jake. But I know Jake can't come; he moved out of town a year ago... I cry when I think about him too much. He was one of my best friends. And I don't know about Roland...

Help me!


Hugz
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment